Alma Webb served as a nurse during WW2 all photos from icloud at once. My mother Margaret Whitehead served with her as a VAD in Abbotabad, India from 1945 to 1946. My mother believed she was ‘approaching her forties’ at that time, that she was about 5’2″ tall with dark auburn hair, and she mentioned that she had a brother friends serie herunterladen. She had a friend at Knockholt, Kent, which suggests that she was fron the south east. She went on to serve at the Royal Naval Hospital Haslar in Gosport herunterladen.
I am still working through a long list of unmarried Alma Webbs. Once I’ve exhausted these I will have to consider whether she was a widow. The Alma Webbs I still have to investigate are:
- Alma Marland Webb b. Stockport 1901
- Alma Florence Annie Webb, b. Greenwich 1905 (this is the most likely, and the one I am corrently investigating)
- Alma Whitehead Webb, b. Manchester 1905 (unlikely as I’m sure my mother would have mentioned the coincidence of this middle name)
- Alma Edith Webb b. Kensington 1906
- Alma Webb, b. Prescot 1911
My mother wrote a great deal about Alma in her letters to my father and it would be lovely to share this information with family members.
Can you help me to identify her?